CONDITIONS OF HIRE OF THE WAKES
Bookings are accepted by the Town Council on the following conditions:-
Applications will not be considered:
- from persons under 18 years of age; or
- if made otherwise than on the Official Booking Form
The Town Council reserves the right to refuse any application, or terminate at any time, any agreement for hire made in consequence of any application.
The Hire Charge shall be in accordance with the scale of charges set by the Council, details of which are on The Wakes website.
- Confirmation of booking will not be issued until 50% of the hire charge has been paid. The 50% deposit secures your booking and this payment must be received by the Town Council at the time of booking. The balance of the hire charge must be paid on the day of the event. Upon the issue of confirmation of booking, a contract exists between the Town Council and the Centre User.
- If the booking is cancelled within 4 weeks of the event, all of the deposit will be returned. If the booking is cancelled within 4-2 weeks of the event, 50% of the deposit will be returned. If the booking is cancelled within 2 weeks of the date of the event no deposit will be returned.
- Payments to be sent to the Oakengates Town Council, Theatre Square, Oakengates, Telford, TF2 6EP.
- Cheques, Money Orders and Postal Orders must be made out to the Oakengates Town Council, crossed “a/c Payee”, and not to any individual officer of the Town Council.
- Cash and Paypal is also an accepted payment method.
- Confirmation of the booking will not be issued until a completed booking form has been received by the Town Council
- An invoice will be sent to the Course Leader at the end of the month that the booking took place and payment of this invoice needs to be made within 28 days of receipt of the invoice. This arrangement is to be agreed with the Town Council prior to confirmation of booking.
- Alternatively the Hirer can pay for the room booking on the day of the event and a receipt will be issued by the Town Council as proof of payment. This arrangement is to be agreed with the Town Council prior to confirmation of booking.
- CANCELLATION BY CENTRE USER.
- The Wakes user shall give written notice of cancellation to the Town Council at the address where the booking was made.
- If a cancelation is made within 48 hours of the hire date, the full hire charge shall become due and payable by the Hirer.
- The Town Council has the right to cancel any booking, ensuring adequate notice is given to the Hirer.
- SUB LETTING
The Wakes User shall not re-hire or sub-let the Accommodation or any part thereof.
- DAMAGE, LOSS OR ACCIDENT.
- The Town Council shall not be liable for loss due to failure of supply of electricity, leakage of water, fire, Government restriction or Acts of God, which may cause the accommodation to close or the hire to be interrupted or cancelled.
- The Hirer shall pay to the Town Council, the amount incurred by the Town Council in making good any damage to or loss of furniture, carpets, furnishings and fittings, or any article owned by the Town Council arising in any way out of the hire of The Wakes.
- The Hirer shall indemnify the Town Council against all liabilities, claims, costs or demands in respect of personal injury and/or loss or theft of property and/or damage to property howsoever arising from the hiring of the Accommodation.
- The Town Council shall not accept any responsibility for the loss of or damage to any car or other vehicle which in connection with the course may be brought or left within The Wakes car park.
- Any persons creating a disturbance or behaving in a disorderly manner or trespassing shall forthwith be expelled from The Wakes by the Hirer and in default by the Town Council at its sole discretion.
- HEALTH, SAFETY AND BEHAVIOUR
- The Town Council shall not be liable for risks associated with Health and Safety beyond their statutory responsibilities for the premises. The Hirer is responsible for Health and Safety risks associated with the behaviour of the users of the premises and any risks that arise as a result of the activities undertaken.
- The Hirer shall carry out and observe all instructions issued by the Council regarding precautions to be taken to safeguard the premises from damage from fire, or other cause and to prevent injury to persons or property and shall ensure that fire exits are not impeded nor any fire fighting appliance is tampered with, removed or used for any purpose other than for fire fighting.
- The Wakes User must ensure that no car or other vehicle is parked in any unauthorised position.
- The Hirer is to ensure that the defibrillator is not tampered with.
- Sharp knives are not provided by The Wakes.
- FACILITIES HIRED
- Only those facilities and equipment previously agreed may be used by the Hirer.
- The Hirer shall ensure that the premises are cleared of members of the public and are left in a tidy and orderly condition at the end of the period of hire.
- The Hirer shall comply with all reasonable requests of the Town Council at all times in connection with the premises and the user during the period of hiring.
- The Hirer shall not sell or allow to be sold in The Wakes any excisable liquor refreshments, tobacco or goods of any description without the prior consent in writing of the Town Council.
- Forge Café will provide all catering to The Wakes Users unless an alternative has been agree with the Town Council.
- Food may be bought onto the premises, however the Council accepts no liability for food allergies to users.
- PROMOTION/PUBLICITY IN CONNECTION WITH HIRE
- Decorations or notices (external or internal) cannot be displayed on wall without prior agreement of the Town Council.. No nails or screws shall be driven into any part of The Wakes and no electric cables or lights or alterations made in the arrangements of The Wakes except with the approval of the Council and such approval shall be subject to the conditions the Town Council may specify.
- NOISE LEVELS
Noise levels within The Wakes shall be subject to any reasonable restriction imposed by the Town Council within its sole discretion.
The Hirer shall observe all regulations and all conditions of all licenses which apply to and are in force at The Wakes and in particular but not exclusively the Public Entertainment Licence.
The Town Council prohibits smoking (including e-cigarettes and vaps) in any part of The Wakes at any time and will immediately exclude from The Wakes any person who contravenes this matter.
- ELECTRICAL EQUIPMENT
Equipment owned by the Council
- It is the duty of the Hirer to ensure that electrical equipment owned by the Town Council and used by themselves, persons attending or supplying a service to, or at the function is fit for the purpose intended and is used in a safe and proper manner. Hirer are advised to satisfy themselves that persons engaged by them, who receive a fee for their services, are aware of the Electricity at Work Regulations 1989 (as amended). It is essential that electrical equipment is tested periodically by an approved registered electrical contractor.
- Town Council staff will not assist with any handling, erection, assembly, operation, maintenance or repair, dismantling or removal, of any electrical equipment not owned by the Town Council other than following a direct request to the Town Council by the Hirer. In the circumstances of such a request, the Hirer shall indemnify and hereby does so indemnify, the Council against all costs, claims, damages, actions, demands, expenses, or proceedings, no matter however arising, out of the fulfilment of such request other than any cost, claim, damage, action, demand, expense or proceeding arising out of the negligence of any employee, servant or agent of the Town Council and, in any event, the Hirer shall at all material times, whilst the electrical equipment is on Council premises, undertake and hereby does so observe and comply with the appropriate electricity Regulations in force for the time being.
In these Conditions:
- “The Wakes” means The Wakes, Theatre Square, Oakengates, TF2 6EP.
- “The “Town Council” means Oakengates Town Council, the Town Clerk or an officer appointed by the Town Council.
- “The Hirer” means the person making the booking agreement with the Council whether in person or on behalf of any organisation.
In the event of an emergency on the day, please contact the Town Council on telephone number 01952 567500.